2020 03 22 Sermon - Rev. Abe Zimmerman
Updated: Mar 28, 2020
"Germs & Jesus"
Here are some ideas for ways to prepare for online worship services so that you can be in a spirit of expectation and focus:
1. Get ready! Maybe it means a shower and putting on your "church clothes" or even just putting on fresh "house clothes." At the very least, brush your teeth and maybe wash your face!
2. Invite your friends and family! Send a text, Facebook message, call them up...Share the link or Facebook post, you never know who may need it.
3. Grab your bible, journal/notebook, a candle to light during the service/sermon to remind you of the Holy Spirit's presence--though the Holy Spirit is always with us! ;)
4. Pray in preparation...pray for your pastor (and their team, if they have one, it may be a member of the pastor's family who helped take care of the technology and who is still figuring it out 😜😆)...Pray also for your church members spread out across your community, for your state, for your country, for the world...
5. Get your technology ready - maybe you can cast it onto your TV, or put your computer in a good spot, or if you are using your phone make sure you have it propped up in a good place. Set the space! Log in a couple minutes before it all begins to make sure you're ready when everything starts if it's Live. If it's not Live, try to watch it at the usual time you would have attended the service.
6. Fully participate: read along in your Bible, sing along if there is music, be sure to have your candle lit, take notes. You can even comment "Amen" or share any joys or concerns for prayer. Remember you can send that as a message if you want it to be a little more private (though be aware that it might not just be your pastor who can view the private messages on the church Facebook account).
7. For our particular "service" today, you may want to conclude with some praise/song videos of your choosing (we didn't get that far in preparation). Here are some options for you to use for prayer/meditation and/or to sing along:
"Psalm 23 (Surely Goodness, Surely Mercy)" by Shane & Shane
"Psalm 23 (He's a Strong Tower)" by Todd Dulaney (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALWBaZvYeDo)
"Psalm 23 (I Am Not Alone)" by People & Songs featuring Josh Sherman (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OlMGnPUAdw)